Search This Blog
Sunday, 16 December 2012
MonoTasking
Personally, when I first watched this video, I didn't think that much of it.
But as time went on, I found myself thinking about day to day tasks and how I
manage my time.
It appears that most of us over look the small details when we carry out tasks,
but why? Personally, I feel that this video has given us a lot to think about.
As Paolo Cardini has rightly said, when was the last time we actually appreciated
someones voice on the phone when we were speaking to them?
Personally, I feel that modern technology has transformed our lives, but that doesn't
necessarily mean for the better. Take for example the Internet, the Internet allows you
to shop on line, listen to music, manage your banking etc. But is this a step too far?
Surely by carrying out all these activities at once, our concentration may suffer as a
consequence.
Personally, I feel that multitasking, although it has it's benefits in certain situations,
it can leave you deprived.
When was the last time that you stopped what you was doing and looked around to
appreciate everything you have?
It is not uncommon to see people in our days walking and texting, ignoring the natural
beauty that is quite often before our every eyes.
There is no denying that technology is a marvellous thing, but I agree to a certain extent
that we need to take a step back and appreciate the beauty in life.
Labels:
Project,
Reflecting,
Technology,
Ted talk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have watched the video and I have to agree with you that modern technology has a massive impact on our life. In some sort of way we don’t appreciate what we have and what is around us.
ReplyDelete