What should have happened...
What did happen...
Need I say anymore?
This week I had a little taster at presenting in front of my seminar group.
When first contemplating standing up in front of 24 people conducting a
presentation,I wasn't too horrified.
However, leading up to the presentation I became more and more anxious
-when my turn finally came to get up there and engage my audience,
I became a mumbling, shaking fool.
So, What went well...?
Looking back now, I feel that nothing went to plan.
However, I shouldn't be too harsh on myself as getting up there is an achievement in itself.
Apart from that, I feel there was no positive feedback to take away with me.
What went bad...? (EVERYTHING!)
When delivering my presentation, apart from being glued to the presentation
handouts and doing a fantastic job of avoiding eye contact,
I spoke at an incredible speed. As you can imagine,this led to me slurring my words and losing my place.
If you're anything like me, this would lead to mass embarrassment...
I looked like a talking tomato. Happy days!
So, how can I imrove and what could you try?
Personally, I believe in order to improve, I need to involve myself more within
group discussions. This will allow me to build up my confidence.
As well as this, I should have learnt the presentation of by heart,
that way, nothing could have come as a surprise to me.
Finally, I could have considered practising in front of the mirror!
This may seem ridiculous, but that way, you can look at your beautiful face
and see your expressions! But mostly just to appreciate the good looks God gave you!




I think you have done very well on your presentation ;-)
ReplyDelete