Search This Blog

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Reflecting on my learning!

As a university student, I am encouraged to reflect on my learning experiences,
but how do I go about doing this?

When I first considered reflecting on my learning experience at surface level,
I drew a blank. But then I got thinking. What type of learner am I?
How do I learn best and from who?

Although at surface level I consider myself to be organised, time conscious, self motivated and I have elements of OCD. Is that all there is to my learning... Structure?
The answer is no.

On deeper reflection, I contemplated which modules I'm currently enjoying and those I'm not so keen on. In doing this, I came to the realisation that my learning and attention is massively influenced by the speaker.
I.e. I respond better to the content if the speaker is enthusiastic and their passion for the subject shines through. If this doesn't happen, I find my learning experience is profoundly affected in that I lose attention and lack the motivation to carry out my work.

In addition to this, I also came to the realisation that my work is very colourful.
This didn't surprise me as I find colour helps me learn- bright colours influence my mood and as a result impacts on my motivation.
Who wants to look at 10 black and white pages when you could have colour?




No comments:

Post a Comment