Last week I was given the thrilling topic of football to research. Yay...
As you can imagine, I could hardly contain my excitement.
During my research task, I had to read around the topic of football and visit far too many websites in my opinion! Eventually I decided I was going to home in on a specific team - Swansea City.
Whilst researching this thrilling topic, I regret to say I did go off topic slightly. However, it was thoroughly amusing and motivated me to continue! Be warned, the website contains bad language!
http://terracechants.me.uk/club/chants/Swansea+City/newest/3/
When I finally decided on the team, I started to look at both the official website and a passionate fan's blog.
So here are the main differences!
1. A blog is more personal than a website.
When I visited Chris Carra's blog, it became apparent that the blog focused on his personal experiences and opinions. This is one of the main differences between a website and a blog.
2. A blog is more informal than a website.
As previously mentioned, a blog is a personal account of experiences. Therefore, one would expect a level of informality. This is a common feature within blogs.
3. You can leave comments on blogs.
How exciting! If you agree, leave a comment. If you disagree, leave a comment. If you couldn't give two monkeys, leave a comment. You get the picture! Blogs allow you to comment on posts. So whether you have something insightful to say, or you have something about nothing to say. You can leave a comment!
Here are the main similarities
1. They both have pictures!
2. They are both very informative!
3. They both contain text!
4. Both are slightly positive.
Now that i've outlined some of the basic similarities and differences.
Why don't you take a look yourself?! Can you spot anything i've missed?
Website: http://www.swanseacity.net/
Blog: http://www.forzaswansea.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment